Saturday, September 24, 2011

Welcome to my new blog!

Hi friends... This is my first blog posting.  I've decided to take my sister Meghan's advice and do a blog on my family's lifestyle change to Vegan and healthy eating.  A lot of people don't think they can change their eating habits and rule out foods that they consider to be staples of their diet, but I'm here to tell you that if my family and I could do it... anyone can!  It takes a little extra time in planning out meals and hunting and gathering foods at your local farmers market and whole foods store. 

On September 12th, my husband Joshua decided to watch a documentary on Netflix called "Forks Over Knives"... This documentary showed a somewhat biased view on why humans should eat only Plant based foods.  I won't go into too much detail about the movie, you would have to take the initiative and find it to watch for yourself, but I will say that it caused us to clean out everything in our pantry, fridge and freezer and donate it to family and friends.  September 13th, the Hemmerlein's went "cold turkey" to a Plant Based Whole Foods diet known as Vegan.

No comments: